Documentation Done Right Workbook Series
Documentation is one of the most important components of delivering behavioral health services. All behavioral health providers are required to meet regulatory standards of practice that include appropriate documentation.
Documentation Done Right is a set of workbooks designed to share best practices in documentation and provide users with exercises that provide an opportunity to practice these skills. Each stand-alone Documentation Done Right workbook targets a specific skill area. Choose the workbook that addresses the topic where you need practice.
Explore each of the workbooks by clicking on the download link below:
- Maintaining the Golden Thread (Word) (PDF)
- Aimed at making sure progress notes connect back to the treatment goals.
- What’s In, and What’s Out (Word) (PDF)
- Designed to help providers focus on and include only relevant information.
- Avoiding Assumptions and Judgments (Word) (PDF)
- Intended to help writers keep the focus on facts and avoid speculation.
- Documenting Unexpected Needs (Word) (PDF)
- Specifies how to document crises and other unexpected events.
- Proofreading Progress Notes (Word) (PDF)
- Details strategies to avoid typos, grammar problems, missing words and other issues.
Your feedback is important to us! In an effort to ensure we have the opportunity to modify these materials to better suit your needs, we would appreciate your taking the time to complete the following survey. Your responses are voluntary and will be compiled and analyzed as a group. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.