The Art of Developing Policies and Procedures: Creating Safety and a Roadmap for the Future of Your Organization
An organization's policies and procedures are written documentation that demonstrates how an organization does business and states the direction the organization chooses to pursue. They provide a framework and guidance to make informed decisions for the board, management, and staff.
MCTAC's series, The Art of Developing Policies and Procedures: Creating Safety and a Roadmap for the Future of Your Organization provides participants with essential knowledge, skills, and tools, to develop intentional policies and procedures specific to the needs and culture of their organization. It expands upon content presented during MCTAC's Power of Policies and Procedures Series (2021) and provides more opportunities for interactive, tailored discussions on your organization's policies and procedures.
Throughout the series, participants will learn how to:
- Understand and appreciate the breadth and value of up to date, relevant policies and procedures;
- Develop and create policies and procedures with the diverse input of those who are providing the services and doing the work;
- Accept change, creating policies and procedures that are “living documents” that will require ongoing amending to reflect changes in rules, regulations and workflows;
- Communicate all policies and procedures in person-centered, trauma-focused, recovery-oriented language;
- Create a plan to implement policy and procedure development in their own organizations.
Codifying the Way to Conduct Business
Policies and Procedures: What Do I Need and Why Do I Need It?
Learning Session: What Policies and Procedures Do I Need and Why?
Communicating Your Vision, Mission, and Values through Policies and Procedures
Learning Session: Communicating Your Vision, Mission, and Values through Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures: A Commitment to Fidelity
Learning Session: Policies and Procedures: A Commitment to Fidelity
Supporting Change and Growth: Keeping Policies and Procedures Alive and Relevant
Learning Session: Supporting Change and Growth - Keeping Policies and Procedures Alive and Relevant
Lessons Learned from MCTAC's The Art of Developing Policies and Procedures: Creating Safety and a Roadmap for the Future of Your Organization
Check out this related series: The Power of Policies and Procedures