Telehealth Guidance & Impact of Ending the Public Health Emergency
- This series page provides an overview of the updated Telehealth Guidance issued by the NYS Office of Mental Health & the impact of ending the Public Health Emergency.
- The New York State Department of Health released Unwinding from the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) Stakeholder Questions and Answers, which is a collection of answers to inquiries regarding New York’s redetermination process now that the Continuous Coverage Requirement has ended for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and the Essential Plan.
- The New York State Office of Mental Health released a Telehealth Standards of Care (SOC) document. The SOC aligns with the current 14 NYCRR Part 596 Telehealth regulations, OMH Telehealth Services Guidance for Providers, and includes exemplary practices. OMH will begin using the SOC in certification reviews starting August 1, 2023.
- These presentations are pulled directly from the Impact of the end of the Federal Public Health Emergency on the OMH System Guidance and the Updated OMH Telehealth Guidance and covers general overview of changes.
- The effective date of this guidance is 5/12/2023, consistent with the end of the Federal Public Health Emergency (PHE), which ends at the end of the day on 5/11/2023.